Thinking about home improvements?

Everyone wants to improve the value of their home, but there are steps to take to ensure that the proper steps are taken in accordance with our Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions in Northwest Crossing. The process is very simple: fill out an Architectural Control Committee form and include any and/or all improvements being made to your property. Once the form is completed and turned in, the committee reviews the request and notifies the homeowner to begin the improvement.  If your request is not approved, you will receive a letter from the ACC committee with suggestions on alternative improvements.

Any changes made to your NWC residence that alters its exterior appearance must be approved by the Association.

The NWC Board of Directors has a designated Architectural Control Committee (ACC) that decides whether proposed improvements to the exterior of a property within NWC will be approved or denied based on the best interest of all homeowners and deed restriction violations. An ACC form must be submitted to the Committee to seek approval of the proposed change. Depending on the project, the survey for the property may also be required.

Common projects requiring ACC approval include but are not limited to the following:

  • replacing fences
  • removing or planting trees or shrubbery
  • building structures (walkway, detached garage, deck, shed, patio cover, water feature, pool, etc.)
  • painting siding, trim, and doors
  • replacing windows, exterior doors, garage door, siding, and roof
  • adding onto the home
  • extending the driveway

Failure to seek ACC approval in advance of commencing work can result in a “cease and desist” order and/or fines. It may also prohibit you from selling your home in the future.

The ACC request form is available online, and ACC request documentation may be submitted to Patriot HOA Management or to the NWC on-site office in person or electronically. Paint samples must be submitted in person.