Our annual Easter Egg Hunt is just around the corner!! Join us on April 19th at 10:00AM at the Dover Ridge Park for some egg hunting. Children 12 and under can participate in this fun event. There will be multiple age based hunts, so please make sure to arrive with your baskets on time. Since this event requires that NWC ID cards be presented, we ask that you update your cards as soon as possible. If you would like to volunteer or need more information, please call the NWC office at 647-0689.
Is NWC a Community you are a part of?
In past news articles, we have written about the importance of volunteering in our community, or in different activities here in NW Crossing. For those of you that have stepped up to the request, we THANK YOU! Just ask fellow resident Mr. Gallagher, he volunteered last year in our neighborhood clean-up in April, together with about 20 others, and his name was drawn to win his 2014 assessments! Without volunteers our planned activities could not happen. We gladly give written letters for individuals needing community service hours for school, school or scouting. This being said, we have several “opportunities” available right now in our community:
*Seniors Get together
**Senior Get together-We need someone who can open the Dover Ridge Clubhouse, set up tables and chairs once a week, so our seniors can play dominoes, cards or just socialize. (They were meeting 4th Tue. Each month)
*Travel Club Coordinator-Someone who can coordinate day trips, where residents meet in clubhouse parking lot for carpooling, Local day trips usually starting around 9am and end around 5pm the same day. Example: Fredericksburg Wild Seed Farm, Korean Pavilion at Denman Estate Park in San Antonio, Visit and have lunch (at your own expense) and time for shopping J
**Scrapbooking Coordinator – someone to set up tables chairs, and “host” the event at our clubhouse, which will be on Fridays once a month 10a-12midnight. Everyone brings a food item to share, and their own supplies.
**Garden Club- individuals to help prune and mulch the separate gardens, we will provide the supplies.
**Fall Fair-We NEED LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS!! We are planning a fall fair, by combining our Labor Day Picnic with our Halloween party! We will have various local Businesses available to display and talk about their services. We will need volunteers to help with games and activities, and make this a successful event.
For A Summer Job?
Summer is Around the Corner – YOU MUST HAVE CERTIFICATION TO APPLY
Northwest Crossing will be hiring Lifeguards and Dolphin Swim Team coaches this summer. College and high school students whom have completed The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR, or Water Safety Instructor (WSI) course(s) may be eligible to apply for these positions.
Contact the NISD or San Antonio Red Cross for Certification Information. Certification Classes are offered from January-May.
Northwest Crossing will reimburse you for all registration fees associated with the required American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification. You must work the entire summer season for Reimbursement.
Please Contact the Northwest Crossing On-site office for more information
The Board of Directors for Northwest Crossing will hold a regular meeting
on July 23, 2013, at the Weybridge Clubhouse, Dolphin Room at 6:30 PM.
Clubhouse address is 10280 Dover Ridge, San Antonio, TX 78250
6:30 – 7:00 Open Forum for homeowners to present information to the BOD,
there is a 3 minute time limit unless scheduled with the BOD.
7:00 – 7:30 Update repair projects for 2013, project development for WBCH
HVAC and other issues concerning our residents.
7:30 – 8:00 BOD Executive Session for individual appointments with the BOD,
time may be increased or decreased as needed. (None scheduled at this time)
8:00 – 9:30 Regular BOD Business meeting;
Review of HOA delinquent accounts
Repair and/or replacement of play structures at Weybridge Park.
Update for security system for Weybridge Clubhouse and office.
Summation on land swap with City for HOA land behind Alverstone Way.
If you would like to appear before the Board, please contact Don “Dusty”
Hathorne at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-837-7774.
* Pool cleanliness – If you have see any problems please let NWC Staff know, 647-0689
* Soccer Field Mowing – Fields were mowed Monday which was one week behind due to the amount of rain that we’ve received. During the season the fields are mowed weekly. The walking track was mowed last Friday.
* Chairs and Lounge Chairs at DR Pool – During the last meeting this was brought up at the meeting and was voted down due to less than 10% of the NWC population utilizing the pool and the cost of replacement. Residents are asked to bring their own chairs to use when they visit the pools. I was told that this topic was going be brought up again tonight during the private session of the meeting.
* Diving Boards – Diving boards were removed about 10-12 years ago and the liability was too high making the insurance costs go up.
* Slides at the Pools – The BOD will look into the various options for water features and slides at the pools. They will look into what The Great Northwest has and the limitations and requirements surrounding slides.
* Photographs and video recording at the pools – The pool rules were updated after the board met last month and were posted at both pools. I’ve requested that the updated pool rules be posted on the FB page.
* Break-Ins on Misty Brook – Two individuals were caught in a stolen vehicle with some of the items that were stolen from some of the houses. There is no proof that all the people involved in the burglaries have been caught, however knowing that someone has been caught is good to know. Please make sure that you are securing your back windows and sliding glass doors properly. It appears that these individuals are looking through the windows and checking to see if there are motion detection devices and if they don’t see any they break into the homes.
* Dogs Barking on Knob Oak – In order to stop these events the dogs have to continuously bark over 15 minutes in one hour after 10 PM. It is important to get all neighbors to come together and document all the events. They would then be able to go to the Municipal Court and file a nuisance order. Any events that you witness or document, please get them to the NWC Staff for their records too.
* Request for Stop Sign at Sidbury & Dover Ridge – NWC Staff has requested that the school district remove the school crossing sign and even though it is obsolete they have not removed it. The BOD will inquire with the district to see if they can request a sign be placed at that intersection.
* Over grown Shrubs at Trendwood and Bowens Crossing – The BOD has addressed the issue and it is possible for residents to call the city at 311 to complain about the stop sign being hidden.
* Eyesore properties within NWC – There are a couple properties within the community that have received attention within the last 6-12 months. One is on Bareback Trail and the other on Almarion Way. While the BOD has addressed these properties and actions are being taken, the properties are not foreclosures and are under the control of the owners.